Health and Wellness Programs
Personal Wellness Program
Healthy lifestyle choices, including better nutrition and increased physical activity, can pay dividends not just now but in the future as well. Wellness is a “whole person” lifetime approach.:
- Lowers stress
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps control weight
- Combats depression and anxiety
- Increases enjoyment of daily life
LONG TERM BENEFITS:
- Increases enjoyment of life throughout the lifespan
- Decreases amount of disabilities or discomforts associated with aging
- Delays the onset of those disabilities or discomforts
- Delays loss of independence
PERSONAL HEALTH RISK APPRAISAL (HRA)
- Easy to complete online
- Addresses many topics of health
CHOLESTEROL & GLUCOSE BLOOD WORK
- Combined with HRA
- Reliable, current information about health risks
Also combined with HRA
From a pain-free back to healthier eating and better exercise, we offer several education options to empower you to make better health choices
- Certified Wellness Coaches
- People at all stages of health can benefit from coaching – from those who want help maintaining health to those who are at risk of developing, or already have chronic conditions
- 360˚ approach
- Coaches assist you to: assess your readiness to change, identify goals and build plans, become inspired and motivated for action, implement new behaviors, and have long-term maintenance of healthy lifestyle
For more information or to see if your company participates, please contact your Human Resource Department and/or Tracie Peterson, Wellness Coordinator at 773-1322 or email@example.com.
Chronic Care Program
WINhealth offers a Disease Management Program designed to help members take charge of their own health care and to coach them toward shared decision-making in the management of chronic conditions.
Our Certified Chronic Care Professionals, also Registered Nurses, support members living with chronic conditions. We can coordinate your care and assist in accessing community resources.
The program is beneficial for many conditions, including:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
We'll review your health status following evidence-based guidelines and your doctor's plan of care. We'll coordinate your care among multiple providers, including doctors, hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies, and others. And finally, we'll coach you toward successful self-management through education and support.
- To improve your understanding of your chronic condition and your ability to manage it
- To reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and re-admissions
- To provide you a knowledgeable source of information to support your doctor's plan of care
- You learn that following your doctor's plan of care can easily become a routine part of your life that will give you more control over your chronic condition.
- You learn to overcome barriers, which may interfere with your successful self-management of your chronic condition.
This program is free to members.
For more information, contact our Certified Chronic Care Professional, Linda Lingelbach, RN, at (307) 773-1331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know eight out of ten Americans experience back pain at some point in their lives? And, many patients receive unnecessary imaging services such as x-rays, CT scans, and MRIs within the first month after diagnosis of back pain.
Common causes of back pain include:
- Improper lifting
- Sudden, strenuous physical effort
- Accidents, sports injuries, or falls
- Improper sleeping position and/or pillow positioning
- Poor sitting or standing position
- Bending forward for extensive periods of time
- Holding the phone receiver to your ear with your shoulder
- Carrying a heavy purse, backpack, or briefcase
The WINhealth Back Program consists of a partnership between WINhealth and selected physical therapists to offer patient outcome-based care for your back pain. If you are experiencing back pain, this may help you to:
- Return to work
- Find relief from your symptoms and return to your normal activities of daily life
- Avoid costly and less effective medical imaging, surgery or injections
The ABCs of our Back Program
A: ACUTE VS. CHRONIC BACK PAIN
Acute pain, often resulting from a back injury may last for 1 to 3 weeks and is usually resolved under the care of your primary care physician. Chronic back pain is persistent and resistant to standard treatments.
B: BACK PROGRAM
If you have persistent (chronic) pain, your physician can refer you to the Back Program. While participating in the Back Program, you can expect to have physical therapy visits which will likely include:
- Postural correction
- Core strengthening
- Body mechanics
Once you have completed these sessions, an individualized program will be recommended based on your needs.
C: CASE MANAGEMENT
The WINhealth Back Program is an outcome-based, active physical therapy program. Our Health Management Quality Coordinator will assess your progress and collect results through a satisfaction survey, immediate follow-up calls and a six-month follow-up call. Additionally, our Coordinator will notify your referring physician upon your completion of the program.
Copayments for your physical therapy visits will be waived while you are in the program; however, deductibles and coinsurance may still apply.
Once you are enrolled in the program, you will receive an average of eight physical therapy sessions focused on body mechanics and core strengthening. Depending upon your progress, you may require up to 20 physical therapy visits, which is the maximum allowed under the program. Upon your completion of the program, our Health Management Quality Coordinator will follow-up with you to determine the long-term success of the program.
The Back Program is administered by our Medical Director.
For more information about the Back Program, we encourage you to contact Wanda Mohatt, RN at (307) 773-1300 ext. 251 or email@example.com.