PRESCRIPTION DRUG INFORMATION AND SERVICES
WINhealth's plans cover a wide variety of medications. The list of specific drugs covered under each plan is called a “formulary.” Drugs included in the formulary and levels of coverage are based on medical experts’ input and research as to the effectiveness and safety of each drug.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR DRUG COVERAGE
As a member, you can complete the following by logging into WINConnect:
- Determine your financial responsibility for a drug, based on your pharmacy benefit.
- Initiate the exceptions process
- Order a refill for an existing, unexpired mail-order prescription
- Find the location of an in-network pharmacy
- Conduct a pharmacy proximity search based on zip code
- Determine potential drug-drug interactions
- Determine the availability of generic substitutes
Once in WINConnect, click on "NPS Online" to access the above-listed functions.
FOR QUICK INFORMATION ON COVERAGE FOR A SPECIFIC DRUG REVIEW THE FORMULARY
The Formulary contains:
- Copayment tiers for each drug
- Quantity of medication covered
- List of medications requiring prior authorization or Step Therapy
- Generic drugs
PHARMACY COST COMPARISON TOOL
Use this tool to find the estimated cost of drugs and to compare the difference in cost between the various forms, names, or strengths of like drugs. Just click on a drug and it will show you the estimated cost of the different forms, names, or strengths of drugs. Please be aware that this tool is meant to be a general guide and the prices are estimates only – the actual cost depends on daily fluctuations in costs and on contracts arrangements.
*For prescription information specific to your plan please log into WINConnect.